The Predator

Holiday Observations at LMS

Hope Freedman and Robyn Circelli

Holiday observations, let’s see…there’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Nawruz, and so many more! For example, Bonnie Moore celebrates Christmas. Her holiday tradition is to go to Ruth’s Chris on Christmas eve. Bonnie and her family have a lot of fun over the holiday for instance, by all coming together and decorating there Christmas tree.

Farah Mansouri celebrates Nawruz. This holiday really focuses on the new year. Iranian New Year’s celebration, observed by Zoroastrians, Parsis, and others. The word Nowruz means “new day.” Farah enjoys opening presents with her family, their tradition is that the oldest child opens the first present. The holiday time is the best time of the year according to Ricky Circelli. On Christmas Eve he and his family go to church. Ricky Circelli celebrates Christmas and loves waking up to tons of presents under the tree. He also enjoys not having school for two weeks.

As many students do, Hope Freedman celebrates Hanukkah. During this holiday, she lights the candles on the menorah, plays with a dradel, and eats exotic food like potato pancakes. During Hanukkah, Hope’s family tradition is that her and her sister get to open one present a day for eight days. Hanukkah is the holiday of the Jewish faith. Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday celebrated for eight days and nights. It starts on the 25th of the Jewish month of Kislev, which coincides with late November-late December on the secular calendar. In Hebrew, the word “Hanukkah” means “dedication.” The name reminds us that this holiday commemorates the re-dedication of the holy Temple in Jerusalem following the Jewish victory over the Syrian-Greeks in 165 B.C.E.

Madison Miller celebrates Christmas. During this time, she opens presents in the morning and travels far to go see her grandparents. Another person who celebrates Christmas is Elise Hartman. Every Christmas Eve her and her family drives up to South Carolina to see her family and after that she drives up to West Virginia to visit more family. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, then here are some Christmas basics. First off, one of the most important things to have is a tree. Once you have a tree, you decorate it with some lights and some ornaments. Speaking of Christmas lights, Grant Sellers, a fellow student at landrum, has a tradition where him and his family decorate his whole house in bright lights! Another Christmas tradition is on Christmas morning when you wake up, you get to open presents that are waiting for you under the tree. One last Christmas tradition is celebrating Jesus’ birthday. One way that many people celebrate Jesus’ birthday is by going to church on Christmas Eve. Last but not least

Adam Enlow has a family tradition of getting to open one present on Christmas Eve with his siblings. The holiday is a fun time said the students at Landrum Middle School. Teachers also like winter break because they don’t have to be at school at 7:00 five days a week. Many teachers travel to see family or they stay home and relax. In conclusion the students at Landrum all have many different holiday traditions.

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Entertainment

Summer Movie Preview

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Features

The Finals Are Coming!

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Entertainment

It’s High School Next!

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Features

Chewing Gum in School

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Entertainment

The Giver Review

• Features

Do You Miss Field Day?

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Entertainment

Avengers: Infinity War Review

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Entertainment

8thGrade Gradventure Field Trip

• Holiday Observations at LMS

Features

The Dangers of JUULs and Vaping

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Holiday Observations at LMS