The Predator

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Sam Curtis

Ever since “The Force Awakens,” the Star Wars franchise, (owned by Disney now) there has been a new strand of characters introduced to the series. For example, Poe Dameron, the fighter pilot who originally had BB-8, Finn, the ex-Stormtrooper who helped Poe escape, and probably one of the most well-known, Rey, the desert dweller who stumbled upon BB-8 and met Luke at the end of the movie. Also, it is important to note that her parents are unknown. Recently, it was made known that Rey is considering leaving the Star Wars franchise after the next movie, “The Last Jedi,” the ninth installment in the now 40 year-long franchise (“A New Hope” came out in 1977, it is 2017, therefore 40 years.

If you’re reading this in 2018, don’t freak out, its 41 years for you then, calm down.) If Daisy were to leave the legendary franchise, then what would become of her character? Would they have her character die, or would someone else replace her? They are probably using CGI for a few Leia scenes, so it is possible for them to use at least a little bit of CGI for upcoming movies. If she does die, there will be quite a few questions fans will ask. For example, if she does in fact die, then who will take over Luke’s lightsaber? Also, what will become of her parents, if we do see them or if they are revealed in the next movie? We won’t be able to tell until the next movie. If Daisy doesn’t come back, and her character dies, then what will happen to Luke? There is one last question I think we should address. What if the next movie is the last movie? Yes, it is a big assumption to make, but it is a possibility, although we would all love the franchise to continue. It might all depend on what happens to Rey, and what Daisy decides to do. Disney will have to make the decision on whether or not to continue making movies, or making this the last actual movie, and maybe making another prequel or two? We’ll have to wait and see until December 15th to figure out.

Photo courtesy of ew.com

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

Summer Movie Preview

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

80’s Fashion Trend

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

Summer Activities

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

It’s High School Next!

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

The Giver Review

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

Avengers: Infinity War Review

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

8thGrade Gradventure Field Trip

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

Do You Fortnite?

• “The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

Entertainment

Landrum Basketball

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!