The Predator

Summer Movie Preview

By: Zeta Washington & Stephanie Watson

Dead pool. Purge. Incredibles. Oh my! Make time in your schedule to be in the movie theater this summer to see amazing up-coming movies! Everyone is so excited to see these amazing movies like Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2, The First Purge, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and even Breaking In!

Everyone’s favorite superhero family is back with a second movie after 14 years. Incredibles 2! But now, Mr. Incredible isn’t in the spotlight, and he’s stuck with 3 kids. Many Landrum Middle School students have been waiting for Incredibles 2 to come out since the first, and finally, their dream has come true. 8th grade student Rebecca Kim said, “Ever since the first one, I was hoping a second one would come out! I’ve always wanted to see it”. Everyone loves this movie! “Incredibles is a childhood favorite! I hope it’s good!” Said 8th grade student Christian Jones. It must’ve been a really good movie if they made us wait 14 years for the next one!

Imagine 12 hours without any laws. The movement that came as a simple experiment. The purge. The new horror movie The First Purge comes out July 4th, 2018 and everyone is so excited to see it! The movie takes place on Independence Day, 12 hours without any laws, just all violence. 7th grade students Avery Kreis and Baylor Hayes both say “They love horror movies and they are very scary and interesting”. To add on to the popularity of this up-coming movie, 7th grade student Charlotte King said she’s “…very excited to see this movie. I love horror movies!!” So be ready, on July 4th for the scariest purge movie you’ve ever seen! Protect yourself!

If horror movies aren’t for you, and you like to seek adventure, go to the movies on June 22nd, 2018 and see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom to watch an adventurous yet suspenseful movie. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is and adventurous movie with many returning characters and even new breeds of dinosaurs. 7th grade student Ava Poole wants to see this adventurous movie because she “loves watching movies and seeing what happens. [She] also likes it because [she] can guess what happens”. From a Tyrannosaurus to a Triceratops everyone loves these movie and can’t wait to see the new one! 8th grade student Rebecca Kim was so excited to see the movies because she “…watched the first one and loved it”. So, if you’re interested in seeing this exciting movie, go to the theaters this summer!

Lastly, Deadpool is back in action and coming out with a 2nd movie on May 18, 2018! Get ready for a whole lot of adventure and exciting scenes in this up-coming movie. 8th grade student Christian Jones said he’s very excited to see this movie because he “…saw the first one and thought it was so funny”. And also 8th grade student Julianna Barnecett said she’s “ been waiting since the first one and it’s finally here!” The Deadpool 2 excitement it real!

In conclusion, you can see that there are a lot of exciting movies coming out this summer, so make sure you keep your ears open, and listen up for all of the dates and times so you can see all of these amazing movies in the theater!

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

80’s Fashion Trend

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

Summer Activities

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

It’s High School Next!

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

The Giver Review

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

Avengers: Infinity War Review

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

8thGrade Gradventure Field Trip

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

Do You Fortnite?

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

Landrum Basketball

• Summer Movie Preview

Entertainment

A Day in the Life of a Custodian

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Summer Movie Preview