The Predator

Avengers: Infinity War Review

Sam Curtis

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

The very much hyped installment in the Avengers franchise, Avengers: Infinity War, delivered big, pleasing critics and fans alike. It also hit big at the box office, earning $257.698 million in its debut weekend. That’s above the $220 million that Star Wars: The Last Jedi made during its debut weekend. The much hyped film had many films before it that lead up to it, and fans were delighted to see the loose ends tied. Andrew Liu thought that Red Skull’s return was very well done, “… every previous MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movie has led up to this, and it was also very cool to see some characters returning to the movie.”  The cast was absolutely incredible, featuring all most of the superheroes from previous movies, including Chris Pratt and the guardians, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Tom Holland as Spiderman, and many more.

The fan base was very pleased with this movie, and the flooded the internet with theories, including the theory that the people who died at the end were fused into the soul stone. This one was confirmed by Marvel themselves. The movie even teased a new clip for the next movie, featuring Captain Marvel, which we saw after the end credits. This clip showed Nick Fury fading away into the Soul Stone, while trying to call Captain Marvel. Adam Chaker, a Marvel fan, feels that people are “over-hyping the (Captain Marvel) movie, and it won’t be as good as everyone says it will be.” On the other hand, Parker Purcell thinks that “It will be a good addition to the series and it will tie in Captain Marvel to the Marvel universe better, which is what she needed.”.

Even Epic Games, the company that created the extremely popular game Fortnite, added a new mode in Fortnite called ‘Infinity Gauntlet’, where players get to take the power of Thanos’ completed Infinity Gauntlet and completely destroy the competition. This mode was, of course, a huge success, and many of Fortnite’s players loved this mode and enjoyed playing it. Leo Doerler, a Fortnite player, called the mode “insanely fun, it puts a new type of mode into the game, where players have another thing to worry about, besides the other players. It is also neat to see big companies like Marvel and Epic team up and create great thing like this mode.”

Overall, the movie was a well-developed film that tied in cliffhangers from previous movies, and this satisfied many fans of the franchise. But of course, there was a cliffhanger that this movie left, which featured Thanos sitting in a farm-looking environment, with his armor sitting behind him, and a sunset in front of him. According to Comicbook.com, Director Anthony Russo said that, “Once he puts his armor down in that movie he becomes like a holy warrior and this is his resting place for him. He says in the film he’s just going to sit and watch the sunrise.”

We will see what they exactly mean by this, and we will also see what happened to half of the Universe as they were eradicated away into the soul stone, and what the remaining Avengers will do.

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

Summer Movie Preview

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

80’s Fashion Trend

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

Summer Activities

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

It’s High School Next!

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

The Giver Review

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

8thGrade Gradventure Field Trip

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

Do You Fortnite?

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

Landrum Basketball

• Avengers: Infinity War Review

Entertainment

A Day in the Life of a Custodian

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Avengers: Infinity War Review