The Predator

Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Photo courtesy of imgur.com

Photo courtesy of imgur.com

Photo courtesy of imgur.com

Paige Macko

Claw machines are known for taking your money when you try to win a prize over and over. But why do you never win a prize in the first place? A lot of people think that it’s because they don’t have the skill, while some people grab a prize very easily. However, no matter what person you are, everyone has experienced the claw giving out at the top. This is because claw machines are rigged.

Many students at Landrum have experienced this rip off. Like 7th grader Bella Salzbrunn “It’s so annoying when the claw the drops your prize at the very top, it’s defiantly the machine’s fault.” Others agree like 7th grade student Ally Lucas, “The claw grabs the prize, but it never holds on.” As you can see, many students here at Landrum have experienced the struggle of the claw machine.

Turns out, claw machines are actually rigged. There is an easy way venders can rig them. They can make it very easy to win a prize, or impossible. According to vox.com, “The big decision for machine owners is how fair or unfair they want to make the game. They could adjust the machine so that the claw only operates on full power one out of every 23 times.” In other words, the owners can adjust a bar regarding how well the claw grips. Therefore, most owners make a hefty profit by rigging their machines.

To conclude, claw machines are actually rigged. Some machine owners are fair, while most rig their machines to make a grand profit. They do this because they know people will get frustrated and try repeatedly. This is just one of many of the dirtiest secrets in the business industry. So next time the claw drops your prize, remember it’s not you, it’s just the claw.

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Features

The Finals Are Coming!

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Entertainment

It’s High School Next!

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Features

Chewing Gum in School

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Entertainment

The Giver Review

• Features

Do You Miss Field Day?

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Entertainment

Avengers: Infinity War Review

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Entertainment

8thGrade Gradventure Field Trip

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Features

The Dangers of JUULs and Vaping

• Are Claw Machines Rigged?

Entertainment

Do You Fortnite?

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Are Claw Machines Rigged?