The Predator

Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Natalie Padgett, Kate Mikle

The Elf on the Shelf is an elf you buy in the stores but is actually one of Santa’s little helpers. You purchase your elf during the Christmas time and give it any name of your choice. You can have two or even three elves’. Your elf lives with Santa and every Christmas you read the book that comes with the elf and at the end of the book you say your elf’s name three times and your elf will appear in any spot he or she chooses the next day. Your elf flies back to the North Pole every night but if you touch your elf it cannot report back to Santa to tell him if you are good or bad. Some people love their elf or elf’s and some think they are waste of money and are very creepy. A sixth grader at Landrum Middle School named David Gerome gave his opinion on his elf, Stanley, by stating, “He gave us presents when it wasn’t Christmas.” He said he got lots of presents even when it was on Easter! Many kids get presents from their elf or elf’s. Other elf owners like Lauren Yushis have a very fun and silly elf. Her elf’s name is Meshelf and he also gives presents to her and her sister before Christmas Day. Meshelf is also very sneaky and loves to steal Laurens sister’s candy. There are also people like Ella Reister who are very controversial. She likes her elf on the shelf, Carly, because, “It is very Christmasy and in the spirit.” But she dislikes it because she thinks it is creepy and watches her which others believe is a reason not to like the elf’s also. Kinsey Coulter has an elf and his name is Buddy. Kinsey likes her elf because it brings her candy canes. Most elf’s have different personalities and some are silly and some are very sneaky. Some elves are very hard to predict what crazy things they will. One example is Henry, Bianca Marquez’s elf. She talked about how she likes her elf because she never knows what he is going to happen next. Your elf may be evil or be the happiest elf of all but they all do a great job of reporting back to Old St. Nick. Many elf owners have different traditions that they celebrate with their elves. Some kids give their elf or elves treats and cookies, and sometimes elves like Kinsey’s tell her and her family to make fudge. There are also some elves who have very messy spirited. Some elves just try too hard to be funny, like Jack Flood’s, one time his elf put his leg in a waxer. Some elves are not the brightest like Ella Parker’s, her elf’s name is Elfie and sometimes he does stupid things. In conclusion, elves are fun silly and great spirited things that get people into the Christmas spirit.

Image courtesy of Pinterest.com

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

After School Activities

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

What’s Your Favorite Book Genre?

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

Do Music Videos Enhance the Song?

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

Lion Uncaged!

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

Winter Trends

• Entertainment

Old Time Music

• Entertainment

Stranger Things – Season 2

• Entertainment

American Obesity

• Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

Entertainment

Dress to Impress at Landrum

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Fear the Elf on the Shelf!