The Predator

Winter Trends

Paige Macko and Drea Yorio

In the wintertime, students at Landrum Middle School are dressing differently for the winter weather. As people are changing their wardrobe, they have new outfits to choose from. The most popular winter outfits that students wear are boots, sweatshirts, and sweaters.

There is a certain brand of boots that is taking over winter. That brand is called UGGS. Many students like UGGS because they are comfortable and warm. “I wear UGGS and Vans, that’s about it,” said 7th-grade student Stephanie Watson. Melissa Marino, a 7th-grade student, says, “They are comfortable, warm, fuzzy, snug, and they feel good on your feet.” Although the majority of Landrum students like UGG boots, some students don’t like them. 7th-grade student Emily Doraraj thinks, “UGGS are so basic and ugly.” “They are so overpriced,” says 7th grader Charlotte King. To conclude, UGGS are such a popular brand of boots at Landrum middle school.

Another winter fashion trend at Landrum Middle School is sweatshirts. Ella McCarthy, a 7th grader, says, “Sweatshirts are so comfortable. I wear them all the time.” Charlotte King, a 7th grader, added, “I love sweatshirts so much, they are my go-to winter top. If I could wear my sweatshirts in the summertime, I would.” Others like 7th grader Ocean Medlock thinks, “Sweatshirts are the best thing ever created in clothing history.” As you can see, sweatshirts are a popular winter piece of clothing at Landrum.

One thing that a lot of people like to wear during the cold winter season is fuzzy socks. Fuzzy socks are a huge trend throughout the winter time. Bella Salzbrunn, a 7th grader, says, “Fuzzy socks are the best part of winter!” Ella Reister, a 7th grader, added, “I love fuzzy socks. They make me feel warm, comfortable, and Christmassy.” The market has many choices of fuzzy socks that you can choose from. From Christmas themed, to unicorns, to Superman, there are over hundredths of designs of fuzzy socks.

Although there are many good winter fashions, the winter season can also bring very tacky outfits. Such as ugly Christmas sweaters. Many people buy their sweaters from the store, but some people make their own at home. Most ugly sweaters consist of bows, lights, and ugly designs. Some ugly sweaters have designs of snowmen, reindeer, Santa Clause, and the gingerbread man. “I love ugly sweaters in the winter time,” says 7th-grade student, Emmery Harrington. Other students like 7th-grade student Charlotte King say, “They are ugly.” There are mixed opinions on the tacky winter trends, like the ugly Christmas sweaters.

In conclusion, there are many fashion trends during the winter season at Landrum Middle school. From UGG boots to fuzzy socks, and ugly Christmas sweaters. There are so many options for winter clothing that you can choose from. Each season brings different trends. Winter is the best season to wear over-sized clothes, fuzzy socks, and boots. So, hurry up, and catch on to these trends, because it is going to be all gone soon!

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

After School Activities

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

What’s Your Favorite Book Genre?

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

Do Music Videos Enhance the Song?

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

Lion Uncaged!

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

• Entertainment

Old Time Music

• Entertainment

Stranger Things – Season 2

• Entertainment

American Obesity

• Winter Trends

Entertainment

Dress to Impress at Landrum

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Winter Trends