The Predator

The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Ava Poole

Learning Goals, guides, reminders, quizzes, and tests- these things frame the walls of a typical math class. However, Mrs. Kee’s sixth and seventh grade classroom is different- vivid artwork brings her room to life. Starting the first week of school, Mrs. Kee has been finding exquisite drawings stashed in multiple hiding spots. After a quarter of discovering quite-a-few sketches, Mrs. Kee’s art collection has grown extensive and impressive. Yet, whoever has been drawing these magnificent illustrations has not made their claim to fame- as the student stays completely anonymous. And as the year goes on, more and more are wondering “Who Done It!”

Detailed dragons, life-like people, and hysterical comic-strips make up almost all of Mrs. Kee’s collection. There are so many forms of art in her “museum” that one has to think, this couldn’t be the work of only one- could it? Well, according to the sixth and seventh grade teacher, students seem to be jumping onto the band-wagon of art creation. And as the year treks on, Mrs. Kee encounters more and more art styles. This leads her to believe that a notable amount of students are behind the artwork she over encounters nearly every day. Some of her collection includes anime and portraits. Mrs. Kee has over fifteen dragon drawings, and all of them seem so real! Spikes, fangs, and gigantic wings are some of the dragons’ features. But that’s not all, Mrs. Kee also has other fictional pieces, like dogs and people with magnificent powers.  Whether it is only one person creating all this art or twenty people- one things is for certain, Mrs. Kee’s students are full of talent!

Even though it’s been three months since the first drawing was found and still, Mrs. Kee is clueless of to whom it is creating the art. “Honestly, I have no idea, these students are always surprising me with their creativity”, says Mrs. Kee, “I’ve found artwork almost everywhere, and each time it’s somewhere new.” The artists also seem set on staying a secret because they deliver artwork at different times throughout the day. Sometimes before lunch, after lunch, fifth period, fourth period, as well as before and after school. The talented students remain completely anonymous- as we don’t know if they are sixth graders, seventh graders, boys, or girls. For all we know, there could be a different artist behind each illustration! It’s enough to make a person wonder, will we ever know who is making such beautiful artwork?

It’s now two quarters into the school-year and art has been piling up in Mrs. Kee’s class. Drawings bursting with detail, sketches that can make anyone say “wow”, and intriguing comics- these all make a classroom unique! Students have turned Mrs. Kee’s room into an art gallery, and everyone in the math teacher’s class enjoys the thrill of discovering a work of art. The mystery in Mrs. Kee’s has been going on for two quarters of the school year- that’s two quarters of impressive sketching, coloring, and creating. There are so many questions surrounding Mrs. Kee’s art collection- like how large will it grow, how long will this continue, but most importantly will these artists’ identities ever be revealed? I think it’s safe to say that this art creation will continue for a very long time- as for “Who Done It”, well, we may never know!

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

The History of the Flu

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

Are Claw Machines Rigged?

• Features

Newest ROAR TV Video Yearbook Madness!

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

Net Neutrality

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

Living with Braces

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Entertainment

Lion Uncaged!

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

ROARTV 3rd in the State

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Features

Holiday Observations at LMS

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Entertainment

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

• The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom

Entertainment

Winter Trends

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
The Mystery in Mrs. Kee’s Classroom