The Predator

Landrum Elective Choices

Roxy Rowles and Ava-Grace Redick

From PE, art, and ICT there are a variety of electives here at Landrum Middle School. In addition, there are many reviews about beneficial things for electives and the downside to them. All though there might be a few to choose from many students are thinking of new ideas for electives. However, the range of electives at Landrum Middle School range from really easy to harshly difficult and maybe a little boring. At Landrum many people have very different opinions about the electives and replacing the electives with new and more enjoyable electives. Overall, electives have many good and bad things, different levels of difficulties, and students may have new ideas for the future.

To begin with, electives have beneficial causes and some not so beneficial learning purposes for the future. According to Madeline Russo, PE is a time to have fun with your friends, go outside and have a break from sitting in a desk writing and learning new hard topics.  In addition, Emery Harrington believes band is also a fun time where you can have fun making music with your friends and classmates in a fun learning environment. Therefore, electives like Band and P.E are electives that are very fun and beneficial towards their learning at school. However, Landrum Electives are not always pleasant and exciting.  Some electives like critical thinking and Spanish seem long and tiring for 45 minutes. Many 6th graders agree that critical thinking is harder and time consuming for work. Therefore, critical thinking might not be the most favorable elective, but is still required for 6th graders. Spanish is also an elective like a core class, but you do have the choice to take the given class. Although it may seem hard it pays off in high school and may even increase your chances getting into a better college. Therefore, Electives in Landrum Middle school have a variety of beneficial and non-beneficial causes.

To continue with, electives can have a range from hard to easy. For example, easier more relaxed electives may be something like advanced reading, PE, and Art. In these electives it may be easier to get an A or a high B average as your grade. In classes like advanced reading and art it can be a time to relax and take a break from writing. However, electives including Spanish and critical thinking can be more advanced and hard. Ahan Sori stated that critical thinking was more challenging than other electives like band or P.E. In addition, Spanish is a more challenging elective having to take tests every week and learn new things. Thus, easy and hard electives are provided by Landrum middle school.

Finally, the students at Landrum have been thinking of new elective ideas and possibilities for the future. For Instance, several students like the idea of having a cooking class. By having a cooking class, it provides a skill needed when you get older and have to cook for yourself. Furthermore, Sofia Ryan a 7th grader claimed an indoor swimming pool would be ideal. She thought this because since we live in Florida there is lots of water so you should know how to swim efficiently. Also, according to Mrs. Middaugh she hopes there will be more electives to select from in the future. On the other hand, in order to have more electives it will cost more money which we don’t have in our budget currently. From cooking to indoor pools Landrum Middle School hopes to have more electives in the future.

Electives have a range of good and bad things, have different levels of difficulty from easy to hard, and students have new ideas for future electives. At Landrum, electives play a huge role in the students grades and find different ways to learn besides the core classes. Without electives students would not have as much fun, enjoying school, and learning new topics.

• Landrum Elective Choices

Entertainment

After School Activities

• Landrum Elective Choices

Entertainment

What’s Your Favorite Book Genre?

• Landrum Elective Choices

Opinion

How does the Holiday Season affects your Mood?

• Landrum Elective Choices

Entertainment

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

• News

Winter Food Trends

• Entertainment

American Obesity

• Landrum Elective Choices

News

Social Media and it’s Effects on Your Grades

• Landrum Elective Choices

Entertainment

Pumpkin Spice Craze

• Landrum Elective Choices

Features

Live streaming the Pep-Rallys

• Landrum Elective Choices

News

Which Running Club should You Choose?

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Landrum Elective Choices