The Predator

Pumpkin Spice Craze

Ella McCarthy and Bella Salzbrunn

Students of Landrum love the Fall weather; however, pumpkin spice is starting to take over Fall. From the Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte to Pumpkin spice muffins, there is a large variety of pumpkin spice products on the market. Mrs. O’Brien, the 6th-grade teacher, says, “There is so much pumpkin spice it’s losing its appeal.” However, she is a huge fan of the Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte, along with many others who agree. One student, 7th grader, Megan Grant says, “Pumpkin spice is on every commercial on TV,” again proving there is an overload of pumpkin spice.

It is interesting that, although, some people like Jules Ruiz, 7th grader, thinks, “Pumpkin Spice Lattes are overrated.” Others like Sage Natal, 7th grader, feel that “There is never enough pumpkin spice.” Landrum Middle school’s pumpkin spice product of choice is the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Although Pumpkin Spice Lattes are very popular, Drea Yorio, 7th grader, thinks, “I would only drink them in Fall.” Paige Macko, 7th grader, added, “Pumpkin Spice is only good when there’s cold weather” Once Fall is over the trend has passed, and people have moved on to a new seasonal obsession.

Strange pumpkin spice foods have become one of the latest crazes of fall. From pumpkin spice gum to pumpkin spice pasta, there are some odd new things on the market. Different from the usual pies and donuts, pumpkin spice fever has begun. People cannot get enough, with cereal, chips, popcorn, and bacon. Pumpkin spice is being stocked on every shelf in the stores. Paige Macko, says “There is so much pumpkin spice stuff being created, I wouldn’t buy half of the stuff.” May Amoyal, LMS 7th grader, added, “They take it way too far when it gets to pumpkin spice Oreos.” This is widely believed by many LMS students and faculty.

Pumpkin spice is so popular that the only way to make a successful product is to have good marketing. The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte has done this the best. The Landrum student body shows that when students think pumpkin spice, they think Pumpkin Spice Latte. Mrs. O’Brien says that her favorite pumpkin spice product is “Hands down the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.” Many others disagree including Ally Lucas, 7th grader, who says, “It’s nasty.” Charlotte King, 7th grader, also added, “I hate Pumpkin Spice Lattes”. Therefore, even though it may seem that lattes are the most popular, some believe they are over advertised and are not that good.

In conclusion, Pumpkin Spice is a fall favorite, but there are many different points of view on it. When it comes to taste, most people either love it or hate it, but many prefer the smell. This obsession with pumpkin spice has caused what most consider, an overload. Many think pumpkin spice has gotten a little out of hand and refer to is like pumpkin spice fever. Pumpkin spice is everywhere from candles to food, to drinks. Pumpkin spice is taking over fall.

Photo credit of Favim.com

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

After School Activities

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

What’s Your Favorite Book Genre?

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

Do Music Videos Enhance the Song?

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

Lion Uncaged!

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

Fear the Elf on the Shelf!

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

“The Last Jedi” RUMORS!

• Pumpkin Spice Craze

Entertainment

Winter Trends

• Entertainment

Old Time Music

• Entertainment

Stranger Things – Season 2

• Entertainment

American Obesity

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Pumpkin Spice Craze